Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Anne Frank: Life in Hiding - Nonfiction: Biography


Anne Frank: Life in Hiding, by Johanna Hurwitz was the classic tale of the life of Anne Frank during the time of the second world war in Holland. Though I generally enjoy reading about Anne Frank, this book did not interest me. I felt that it was very long and rather dry. The information in this book was good and might be useful if I were doing research on her. However, as reading for the story, this book did not impress me.

I would not be likely to have this book in my classroom. I would rather have a book told from either first person perspective or in the form of a picture book. While I used to be very interested in biographies (I read them every chance I got), I found that I no longer feel this way.

No comments: