Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh, no! Where Are My Pants? - Poetry Anthology


OH, NO! Where Are My Pants? and Other Disasters: Poems contains many poems, all written by different authors. They were about problems a child would face such as dreaming about not wearing pants, finding a worm in an apple, getting stuck at the top of the Ferris wheel, or having a friend move away. Though I thought they were cute, some of them were difficult to find the rhyme. However, I would pick and choose rhymes from this to read to my students if we were talking about poetry. My favorite was "First Day", by Susan Hart Lindquist. It is about two friends who get put in two different classrooms for the first day of school. It brought me back to elementary school and being so anxious to see who my teacher was and who was in my class. I feel that students could relate to that.

No comments: