Friday, November 28, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - Illustrator Study


One fish two fish red fish blue fish, by Dr. Seuss, is the first book I read for our illustrator study. The story is complete nonsense. Every two pages is a different set of rhymes, usually about some goofy made-up animal. I loved it! It could be a really fun way to teach students about rhyming. Many of the words were made up but it was descriptive enough so that one could easily tell what they meant. I would read this to my students if we were talking about rhymes. Everyone loves Dr. Seuss!!

As for the illustrations in this book, from what I remember they seem to be similar to the illustrations in other Dr.Seuss books. This seems fairly obvious to me being as the same mad illustrated them, but I believe some of the cartoons are actually the same from book to book.

No comments: