Sunday, November 30, 2008

Don't Forget Your Etiquette - Specialized Poetry Collection


Don't Forget Your Etiquette: The Essential Guide to Misbehavior, by David Greenberg, was an extremely funny poetry collection on manners (or a lack of manners...). This book contained a variety of poems about burping, sitting, speaking to adults, school, and life in general. My favorite was the one saying you should agree with anything adults say, no matter what. This included adults saying that the earth was flat. At the end, the poems were shown to be impolite, but they were funny along the way. If I used this in the classroom, it would be in a very young primary classroom to talk about manners and the lack of manners in these poems. However, I thought the poems were cute and funny and I picked up this book and read all the way through it the moment I read the title.

No comments: